Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Catching Up






What have I been doing?

Let's see. And hopefully I will be able to add photos, so you WILL see.

1. I finally finished that bamboo sweater. It's short-sleeved, with lace sleeves.

It fits.

It's beautiful.

I'm keeping it.

No photo yet, but it's coming.


2. My friend, who has 6 girls, is having a boy in November. She asked me to make him a little sweater out of brown Merino, so I did. It took me less than 2 days. It's the style she wanted, but it isn't what I would have chosen for my baby. Here it is:





3. I made ties for the men in my life. Here's my son's:





4. During our trip to Ireland, Wales and England, I made wrist warmers for Daughters #1 and #2. Here are Daughter #1's:







5. I discovered Teeny, Tiny Mochimochi. These are the tiniest things you could possibly imagine. Just for an example, here's the first little gnome I made. He has his own little computer to book a flight on, and a tiny little airplane to fly on (although he has to ride on top).




6. In July, I got the ladies from our ward Relief Society to make 2 twin-sized quilts for donation to Primary Children's Hospital here in the city. One was made of pastel colors and wasn't (to my mind) very interesting. The other was made of bold colors. I really liked that one, and had a difficult time parting with it. I had to put it in a bag so I couldn't see it before I could give it away.



Immediately after that, I got called to be the President of the aforesaid Relief Society. Whoda thunkit?


Now it is October, so Christmas is preying on my mind. I have two projects in mind.

A. A shrug for a daughter in bulky, washable yarn. No buttons! It should knit up quickly.
B. A short scarf that buttons around the neck for another daughter, also in bulky, washable yarn. It should knit up quickly, also.
The yarn for both of these projects is on the way. Until then, I'll make more mochimochi!

Oh. And finish the Christmas stocking for my son-in-law. It's 8/10 finished! Seriously! The stocking is my work project, the mochimochi are my traveling project, and the shrug and scarf are my at home projects.




Then, after Christmas I will get the yarn and cast on for my Celtic Cable sweater.





So I have been busy. Too busy to post to the blog. I hope to correct that in future.





No comments:

Post a Comment